We celebrate the beginning of summer on the quay at Söderhamnen with a market, music and folk dancing. The historic archipelago boats arrive in a combined cortege to Vaxholm.
Program Archipelago Boat Day 8/6
Market 17.00-21.30 along the quay in Söderhamnen
Old Boy Stompers play 17.00-21.00 interspersed with folk dancing performances by Waxholms Folkdansgille 19.00 and approx. 20.00
- 19.30-19.45 The ships arrive in a combined cortege to Vaxholm. On the quay, the chairman of the municipal board in Vaxholm, Kristina Runhem, welcomes you, followed by a speech by the archipelago regional council Gustav Hemming.
- 20.50-21.10 Flag ceremony at the lowering of the flag at 21.00 at the quay in Vaxholm.
- 21.25 The steamships blow for departure.
- 21.30 The steamships Storskär, Norrskär, Blidösund and Mariefred depart for Stockholm and m/s Långvik departs for Stavsnäs through the middle archipelago.
- 21.45 Last ship in the Archipelago Boat Day, m/s Västan, departs from Vaxholm.
Several of Vaxholm's stores are open until 21.00.